Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Last Short Tuesday

Today was our last shortened day of the year. I'm not sorry! I'd rather spend the time with my students than at a faculty meeting any day!

It was a productive day. We spent our morning doing Reader's Workshop and Writer's Workshop. The current page totals are on the gradebook for you to check. Two students currently have well over 1000 pages since March! Wow! I'm a little behind on giving credit for the writing, but that should be current by Monday. I really enjoy working one-on-one with the students on their writing, discussing strategies and helping correct mistakes. We then started on the next story in Open Court, "Just Plain Fancy" by Patricia Polacco. This is a fictional account of two Amish girls who accidentally raise a peacock and fear they will be shunned because the showy bird is too "fancy." We just go started today, doing blending and vocabulary and reading about half the story.

After recess, we again split into two groups that worked on Mrs Caruso's play. I worked with the musicians on Tallis' Canon. It's starting to come together. After lunch, Mrs Caruso had to leave early to deal with an automotive crisis, so Ms Jan and I worked with both classes on their math.

Homework: Just keep working on the math workbook.

No comments: