Monday, May 23, 2005

Country Fair Afterglow

Well, I had a chance to see a number of you at Country Fair on Saturday. Nida and Alejandro performed with Ms Kullman's group, and I thought they stole the show. I unfortunately miss Paolo's performance since some group times were rearranged. I'm sure he was great, too.

It was awfully hot, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, and I spent too much time in the sun and felt it for the rest of the weekend. In fact, I still felt a little solar "hangover" today. At least my shoulders did! But I had a great time, and I was delighted to see our basket did quite well. Thank you to everybody who contributed!

Today, Mrs Caruso began rehearsing her play with the actors, and I started to work on the music. For the First Thanksgiving scene, we will be playing Thomas Tallis' famous "Canon" on recorder in four parts over a repeating "g" sounding on the metalophone to imitate a church bell. After each the canon, we will bridge over into having the whole "Pilgrim Chorus" (not Wagner's!) sing the tune to words which the students will help write.

Homework: Continue work on the math book. Students should be about 1/3 done with the text by now. Also, remember that Science Fair has been moved up from Friday to Thursday. Contributing a Science Fair project is not required, but will help students move from a "3" to a "4" in Science.

No comments: