Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainy Days get Me Down

Frankly, I don’t know how teachers do it in Seattle or Portland or one of those other rainy places. By the end of the day – a pretty productive one – I felt as charming as an old Rottweiler.

But, as I indicated, we did a lot. We discussed and practiced inflectional verb endings. We checked, corrected, and discussed homework. We finished reading “Two Tickets to Freedom.” We started a new composition based on the Bridge Map. The Bridge Map helps students to understand analogies, and our analogy was “______ takes care of me the way I take care of ______.”

We were very disappointed that Ms. Richard was unexpectedly absent and Tech Center was cancelled. We used the time to continue working on final drafts of our compositions. After lunch, we read another chapter of Island of the Blue Dolphins and the last few students did their “Marco Polo” body percussion routines. We did an art project where the students used contour lines to create portraits. I was amazed at how much better these portraits were than the ones we did on the first day. Our students have made strides as young artists!

Temp003Temp002

Temp001

 

Temp004

Homework:  Light tonight because I had to leave early and I had to cancel homework club. (1) Study spelling. (2) Do the “Two Tickets” study questions. (3) Do “Division” Math pages 74-75.   

Also, for those who have no yet turned in the permission slip and the five dollars for Friday’s field trip, it is imperative that I get that as soon as possible.

No comments: