Saturday, September 03, 2005

Welcome

I’d like to welcome all the new students and their parents to third grade and to room 19. I am excited and looking forward to a very productive year together. This blog will be an important part of how I work with families and let them know what is going on in our classroom. It will not only tell you what we have done each day, but will also explain what the homework is.

Our first day of school, as you all know, I’m sure, will be Tuesday, September 6th.  Please arrive on time. Our school day begins currently at 8:05. Please understand that I do not have time on Tuesday morning to discuss your child’s needs and other things in detail. It’s not that I’m not interested, but there is just too much going on for me to really listen.

I have tentatively scheduled a parent meeting for our class only on Tuesday, September 13th, at 5:30 p.m.. Please let me know if it is impossible for you to come at that time. If we have quite a few people for whom this time does not work, we may need to reschedule the meeting.  

The best way to contact me is by email. You can use either my school account jbasse1@lausd.k12.ca.us or my home account johndavidbassett@comcast.net. I check both of them frequently so I’m sure to get your message and be able to respond fairly quickly.

No comments: