Monday, November 26, 2012

Clarabelle and Oreo

First of all, I hope that everyone had a great holiday. I would also like to thank the students for being so good while I was out the week before:  Mr. Yoo, their substitute, not only wrote that they were a good class but said that he "had a blast" being with them. I understand what he meant!

The highlight of our day was a visit from the California Dairy Council's mobile classroom. The gentleman in the front - whose name I never did quite get - did an admirable job of teaching the students about dairy cows and milk production. The students were fascinated by Clarabelle, a 5 year old, 1600 pound Holstein.

photo 1

Clarabelle seemed somewhat intrigued by the students, too.

photo 3

As the assembly was winding down, we were introduced to Clarabelle's son, the 6 month old Oreo. He is so cute!

photo 2

The students had a chance to pet Oreo as we returned to our classroom.

photo 4

Other than this, a very ordinary Monday. 

My dog is pretty sick, so I have to take her to the vet again today. As a result, I gave the students the last hour or so to do homework and I'm canceling homework club. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Homework:  (1) Write all spelling words 3 times in cursive and write sentences for words 1-5. (2) Do a tree map to illustrate soft sounds of c and g. We started this in class. (3) Do "Phonics," page 155, "Vocabulary," page 156, and "Main and Helping Verbs," page 164, all in the Practice book. (4) Do the "Factors 1" math worksheet. (5) Do "Solve Multi-Step Problems," pages 182-184 and "Test Prep," pages 186-187 in the math book. Also do "Graphing Sales" on the back of the answer sheet. 

No comments: