Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Welcome

I would like to welcome everyone to room 19 and to fourth grade. I am excited to have such a great group of students and parents this year. The third grade teachers have raved about what a great group this is, and I am really thrilled to be your teacher.

Our first day of school is tomorrow. This blog is a way for me to let you know what is happening in our classroom each day and what students are learning. It is designed to be interactive:  you can also post comments and questions on the blog and we can create a virtual open house. This kind of communication makes the difference between students just passing and really excelling. 

I will be writing each day about what we did that day, and I will always include what the homework is. The blog page is usually posted first around lunch time, and then revised if necessary towards the end of the day. 

I particularly want to make sure that all parents know about our special Back-to-School meeting on September 9 at 5:00 pm. Please try to make it. Infants can remain with you, and we will make arrangements for supervision for older students. 

I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. B!

I think a blog is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Mr. Bassett -

It is wonderful that Stewart has a teacher who uses technology as much as we do!

I look forward to a year of great communication!