Thursday, April 21, 2005

Steady Progress

Another lovely day. Our Writer's Workshop in going splendidly, and I hope to start posting student compositions soon to a new blog. Details to follow.... We are closing in on the end of the money unit. We've raced through it in order to make plenty of time for the Country Life unit which has a major, major performing arts project.

Students performed the songs they wrote to the four bar rhythmic pattern I gave them. It was a first attempt, and the results were mixed. One group of girls did an absolutely phenomenonal job. I heard some of the boys mutter, "Next time we need to get some girls in the group!" Boy is it rare to hear third grade boys say that! I look forward to future composition projects.

We also took our math test today covering the first part of the fraction unit. We'll grade it tomorrow. By the way, if you haven't checked the gradebook lately, you'll find it is up to date now. My apologies for how behind I got this winter. I think we're back on track now.

Homework: Homework holiday today! A little reward for lots of hard work and wonderfully cooperative behavior.

No comments: