Thursday, March 17, 2005

Sliding in Towards Home Base

Well, with our field trip tomorrow, our vacation feels like it's just beginning already!

We finished the Open Court Assessment today. Students overall seemed to do quite well. Grades will be posted soon on the gradebook. I know that I have a BIG backlog of grading to put up, but I'll get it done over Spring Break. Don't worry, though. If there was a big problem with your child's work I'd have contacted you already.

We finished the last of the storytelling projects. Most students did quite well indeed for being third graders and trying this for the first time. I will be editing the video and burning it to a DVD for Open House. Some of the students have indicated they'd like to have a personal copy of the disk, and I think that can be arranged....

We still finishing the math test. We'll correct it tomorrow.

Homework: Finish the final draft of the writing component of the Open Court unit assessment. Also, be sure to get permission slips signed and returned. Remember, they need to be signed BOTH at the top and at the bottom.

No comments: